Hamilton Public Health is working to ensure that they have up-to-date vaccination records for all students who attend schools in the City of Hamilton. This year, they are focusing on children born in 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.
As parents, it is your responsibility to report your child’s vaccine history to Public Health by January 31, 2018. Here’s how to report. Please note that as of September 1, 2017, there are some new requirements related to non-medical vaccine exemptions. If your child has a non-medicinal exemption, please make sure you are aware of these requirements. Any questions you have should be directed to Hamilton Public Health.
Be aware that students who do not have a complete vaccine history or who do not have an official letter of exemption on file by February 26, 2018 may be suspended as per the Immunization of School Pupils Act. Please ensure you take care of this before the deadline; we much prefer our students to be in school!
Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter.
Please confirm the date, time and location of your exams. Click here to see the full schedule
>> Exam Schedule 1801
Remember that exams start at 9:00 am.
The school will be in quiet study mode, so many areas, including the upstairs and downstairs hallways, will not be open to student traffic. Please do not come to school if you are not writing an exam unless you have a prior arrangement to meet with one of your teachers.
On the day of an exam, you need to:
- Come to school appropriately dressed according to the school’s wardrobe regulations.
- Proceed to the library to return course textbooks and pick up your exam entry ticket. Even if the course does not have a text to return, you still need to pick up an exam ticket in the library.
- Go to your exam location a few minutes before the exam starts.
- Leave backpacks, cell phones, and all electronic devices at the back of the gym or in front of the exam room.
- Go to your desk. (Please note that the only refreshments allowed are water and unwrapped candy.)
- Be prepared to spend at least one hour in the exam room. You will have up to three hours to write.
- When you have completed, checked and handed in your exam, please leave the exam room. If necessary, wait for friends quietly, and leave the building as soon as possible.
- Students who have officially been informed about writing in another location are to report to Room 124 (in the Grove) at exam time.
- In case of any absence, please phone the school office immediately. A doctor’s note is needed if you are sick.
- For courses that do not have an exam, all textbooks should be returned before exam week. All missing texts must be returned or paid for before the start of the second semester on January 31st.
- School bus schedules may be different during exam week. Students should connect with their particular driver about schedule changes.
Best wishes as you prepare!
Duncan Todd, Vice-Principal
Celebration of Learning – The day after…
Friday, January 12: Project Assessment Day
Please be aware that the day after January’s Celebration of Learning, there will be no regular classes: the school will be open but it will not be mandatory for students to attend.
What will be going on that day?
Buses will be running, so students are welcome to come and connect with a teacher for extra help, see other projects, and work independently or in small groups on things that they might have coming up. Some classes might even have optional work sessions.
It will be another chance for you to come to the school during the day to see what your child has done, especially if you can’t make it to the CoL evening on January 11.
In case of inclement weather
Now that we’re well into November, it seems prudent to remind you of what to do if you wake up one morning and the weather outside is frightful.
We will post cancellation notices in the following places: Edsby, CHCH TV, CHML 900 radio, Facebook, and Twitter. If there is no cancellation notice, then come on in – we’re open!
Knights Eatery Cards
Beginning in the second semester, we are pleased to introduce a new and convenient way to purchase food at HDCH with our Knights Eatery Reloadable Card. Just like any gift card, a balance is loaded on a card and declines as purchases are made. The online function provides convenience to purchase, reload without having to travel with cash. Watch for more details.